Thursday, April 1, 2010

Freedom Rings

Ahhhh. I feel free today. Everything about me feels good. My outlook on life is a glowing light in the near future within my grasp. I am very excited about everything. I have not felt this way in a very long time. I forgot about this feeling. I for so long drowned my fears and misery in alcohol that I was either drunk or hungover that I forgot how this feeling felt. I feel clear, intelligent, direct, happy. I feel like I know what I want and like I have a chance to get it. I do not feel like I am so bogged down in past bad decisions that I can not get ahead. The air in my lungs feels cleaner and lighter. People around me seem easier and funnier. Problems seem less hopeless and more solveable (is that a word?).

I am listening to Dave Matthews right now and he makes me feel freer. Thank you Dave. I think we would be a good match. Music has and will always be a beautiful outlet for me. It expresses so well the feelings of the day. One of the best scenes in a movie is in Jerry McGuire, after he quit his corporate job and thought he got the contract with the young QB. He was driving in the car, very excited, and was listening to the radio, but he couldnt find a song that expressed his excitement at that time, he kept changing the station, nothing, then he came upon Tom Petty and Free Falling. That was it, and he sang. Dave is doing that for me right now. Thank you again Dave. Crash into me Dave.

I would not trade this feeling for anything in the world. The problems that three weeks ago I was drinking away, seem a million miles away, and very insignificant right now. I am looking forward to the weekend. I have lots of plans. I hope the weather is going to be nice. Rae is going to come over and we might go somewhere and do something artsy via the train. I am excited to see her! I would love to go sit on a patio and listen to some music. Enjoy the weekend all I can, soak up every breath and everyday that God gives me.

I am in love with today!

I continue to pray for this coming peace and clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment