Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ode to My Little Red Wagon

I was very excited at first
about my little red wagon
I thought "who in the world
wouldn't want to have one"

I took care of my wagon
every single day
It was the first thing I thought of
when I wanted to play

I kept my wagon
looking shiney and new
Keeping it in focus
if I thought I was through

My little red wagon was wonderful
and it made me feel alive
When I rode in my wagon
I felt like I could fly

I showed my wagon off
to all of my friends
But they did not have a little red wagon
and did not want to jump in

Still proud of my little wagon
on two feet I was homebound
Giddy with excitement
Not to be slowed down

The next couple of weeks
my wagon was still like brand new
I rode in my red wagon
Passed by my friends and stopped for a few

I bragged about my wagon
they bragged about their fun
It was a beautiful day out..
I have always had fun in the sun

I looked at my little wagon
and it looked back at me
Little red had been so good
I couldnt just tell it to leave

Making better decisions
since getting my little red wagon
I had to come up with an idea
and I knew I finally had one

I realized my little red wagon
could hold just enough fun in the sun
I could pull it wherever I wanted
and then stop when I wanted to get just one

And so we walked handle and hand
at the end of a gorgeous day
me and my little red wagon
only a little compromise we each had to make

No comments:

Post a Comment