Monday, April 5, 2010

The weekend started out like a beacon of hope for me, living up to my full expectations on Friday night. A fine night. Rae met me at work and we then proceeded to Deep Ellum to partake in the festivites. The weather was impeccable, the atmosphere inspiring. Music, art and friendship abound. Everything I could have asked for on one street laid out before me.

I finally got to meet Rae's friend she has been raving about, and he was everything and more. The three of us strolled along taking in the sights, listening to the music. Rae's friend bought her a birthday present, a ticket for her and me to go with him to The House of Blues to see Steel Panther. Hands down one of the best live shows I have ever seen! Tony Romo was there, apparently a huge fan of theirs. It was a thrilling night in which Rachel and I molested a Greek God. He was a beautiful creature who unfortunately had to suffer through some butt grabbing when the lights went down. He didnt move, he couldnt have minded that much. We did leave the Steel Panther show a little early to make sure and catch From Us to You at the curtain club back in Deep Ellum. And well, what can I say, it was a great ending to a great night. Rae, molesting the Greek God WAY more than me, did experience a little Karma that night. Haha. Dont slow dance with drunk men ladies, something just might "pop up". Haha. Poor Rachel was horrified and damn near didnt move anymore for the rest of the night. Haha. I was in awe, and even sober, still looked stalkerish over the music, and in one person in particular. I couldnt help it, I tried, Lord help me I tried. Rae tried to help me too, but to no avail. I had to bare witness right in front, granted I was the only one for like a good 20 feet, but I couldnt move.

After the show, we went home and slept, and slept some more. Somehow knowing that nothing would be able to even come close to being even somewhat comparable to the previous night's events, we slept some more.

I called to wish Tyler and Gracie Happy Easter on Sunday and found out that they were now a new brother and sister to a baby boy. I hope they remain as excited as they were yesterday or know that they can come home where they will always be my babies. I dont think Gray is going to fare well with this, but I wish the best for everyone. As Rachel experienced in the early hours of Saturday morning, Karma can be a BITCH, so I hope their dad is prepared for whatever happens.

In keeping with this weekend's theme, I was inspired to write - also inspired by the lack of man to woman contact, but that is neither here nor there:

Internal Bliss

Sweaty hands and clinched fists
turning bodies, arms and legs in a tangled twist

The room is humid and our bodies drenched
This lover's dream seems to far fetched

I breathe you in and exhale you out
Your breath on my skin up to my mouth

Lips pressed and our hands slide
Exhaling once again as our hips collide

Crazy madness running through my veins
The way you feel drives me insane

One last exhalation and the moment is over
Still pressed together, reliving the story

Steaming passion now a goodbye kiss
I will remember always tonight's Internal Bliss
~~M.McCormack


I continue to pray for this coming peace and clarity. I also pray for those that I love to experience the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment