Monday, April 12, 2010

Popeye said it best...

And I am what I am what I am and I am what I am and that's all that I am 'cuz I am what I am.

With age I feel better about myself than I ever have before. I feel more sexy, more confident, more, well, more Mandyish. I like that. Damn it feels good. I have gotten rid of a lot of excess baggage that society said I needed to have; i.e., the boyfriend, the tons of girlfriends, the date nights, the work friends, the drama, blah, blah and blah. I have narrowed by life's list down to only a few - and boy are they a great group of people. They are there when I need them, they are away when I dont, they have my back at all times. My Super Heroes. I want to give them capes and give them all cool names and make a movie about them and call it Kick Ass. Huh? What? That has been done? Shit.

I like being in my 30s. Just a brief pause - I cant for the life of me recall how to spell intellegent < thats not right is it> I cant very well say I am intellegent and spell it wrong can I? Does it just look wrong? Am I missing an i? Daddy - I know you must be proud. Okay - back to where we were. 30s, 33 in particular has been excellent, thanks to soberness and better decision making on my part mainly, but I have realized this IS my time to shine. So like me or not, I am not going to let that bother me anymore. I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out why. I brush the haters off (brush, brush). If only I could have done that in High School. I am sure I would have been shunned by everyone, as I would not have "fit" into any clique that had there, but I would have gotten along a lot better with my sister growing up without listening to peers telling me what I should think, act, dress, talk and feel.

Cheers to Popeye for saying it best, Im ams what I ams and thats what I ams.

Sorry for the randomness and thanks for patience.

Still praying for peace and clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment