Monday, March 29, 2010

What a Weekend!

Had the kids this weekend, which explains the lack of blogging - spent all my time with them! My parents drove me to pick them up on Friday. I met their sunshiney faces with a huge smile and warm hugs. They brought me roses and a card for my birthday, too sweet. The roses were as beautiful as their smiles and I couldnt wait to get them all home to brighten up the house. As soon as they got in the car, the catching up began. A clattering a voices telling me, Nana and Papa of the weeks events and what happened over Spring Break came spilling out of their excited little lips. I had to convince them to talk one at a time and to be patient with each other so I could hear each story. I am still not quite sure I got everything, but I am glad they had a good time!

We went to bed early Friday night to prepare for the early day on Saturday. We were getting up to go the movies. I was taking them on the bus to get there. Gracie was thrilled, Tyler, a little timid.

We woke that morning ready to go, off to the bus stop we went. Gracie did not care who or what was going on around her, she was just enjoying the ride, Tyler was eyeing everyone and everything as if they were about to attack. Poor thing, I know I did this to him. When he was young I warned him about everything. Maybe I was a tad bit over protective.

We watched 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid" because Tyler had read all the books and wanted to see the movie. I was pleased to hear after the movie, that he enjoyed the books better. Thats a good sign. We rode the bus to the train and then took the train downtown and walked around the West End. It was a beautiful day, so we decided to eat lunch out on a patio somewhere downtown. My luck - the children chose Gators. Now I have been to Gators before, just never to eat. I asked a few more times if they were sure THAT is where they wanted to eat and pointed out several different locations. By now I am guessing you have figured out I did not discuss the wreck or jail with the kids. They insisted on Gators. And so we went to Gators, no outside seating, just inside, by the bar. I would say that 98% of the people in there were not there to eat, but enjoying the afternoon with a nice glass of beer with their friends in the West End. I sat at the table and watched what seemed like an endless supply of beer get carried by me. I had nachos and iced tea. Tyler had a burger, Gray had a corn dog. It was good. I had another glass of iced tea, let the kids finish their lunch and enjoyed my surroundings. Not as bad as what I had imagined, but Thank goodness they wasnt a live band playing. I had survived my first "bar type" non alcohol drinking experience. Toward the days end I experienced a few stressors that would have normally caused me to go and buy me a 30 pack, baby daddy drama, but I survived that as well, with some encouraging words from my Mom and Dad. My Dad even walked down to the house to make sure I was Okay. I love my Dad for this.

Sunday, my Mom and Dad fixed lunch for my birthday and my sister and Tom came over. It was a great lunch. We sat and talked about good things and I think we all enjoyed ourselves. Its nice when that happens. When everyone is on the same level and is enjoying talking. I am glad Sister found Tom. He compliments her very well, while at the same time grounding her. I like them together, and well I just like him, and that is just something I normally dont do. I get to go over to their house tonight for my birthday dinner. I am excited.

I am 33 today. I finally have an optimistic outlook on my future because I have taken control and responsibily of my life. I am proud of myself today. If God graces me with a tomorrow, I know I will be proud of myself then too. I am thankful for the friends that have contacted me and given me words of wisdom and courage through this time. I am proud that they are proud. I love my family. I am 33 today. I pray for peace and clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment